CADC, LLC is seeking qualified, highly motivated individuals to fill the role of Field Organizer.
Field Organizers serve an important role on the front lines of today’s progressive fights, and organizer experience is vital to any seeking a career in politics.
CADC specializes in direct voter contact on behalf of progressive candidates and causes. CADC’s partners and principals have decades of combined experience with campaigns of all shapes and sizes, from the DSCC and DCCC to national issue advocacy campaigns and municipal races.
Field Organizers (FOs) are responsible for the day-to-day recruitment, instruction and management of canvass teams. Successful applicants will possess at least three months of canvass or field experience on a candidate or issue advocacy campaign. Canvass experience is preferred. FOs report directly to the Regional Field Director.
Applicants for the position must possess strong organizational and communication skills as well as the ability to multitask and meet deadlines. They must also be willing to relocate as necessary, possess reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license. The willingness to work extended hours and weekends is also required.
Field Organizer ResponsibilitiesRecruitment, Hiring and Training
- Assisting the Regional Field Director in all canvasser recruitment activities and ensuring that recruitment goals are achieved throughout the duration of the program
- Implementing, under the supervision of the Regional Field Director, the complete vetting, interviewing and hiring of all successful applicants
- Ensuring the successful training and orientation of all canvassers
- Providing canvass teams with the positive leadership culture, resources, guidance and technical support required to succeed during each phase of the program while ensuring compliance with all CADC policies and best practices
- Ensuring that all canvasses are launched and completed in a timely, orderly fashion
- Promoting the continued development of canvass teams in their day-to-day duties and responsibilities over the course of the program
- Communicating all pertinent on-the-ground information to, and providing timely response to requests from, the canvassers under your direction
- Ensuring that canvass teams properly perform their roles and maintain accurate and reliable data
- Providing the Regional Field Director with daily quantitative and qualitative reports as part of an ongoing evaluation of the program’s success
Desired Skills and ExperienceExperience
- A minimum of three months field experience.
- Proficiency with VAN, Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Previous payroll experience is a plus.
- A strong commitment to progressive values, including diversity, equality for all and economic justice.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- An understanding and appreciation of the urgent nature and time demands of campaigns.
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends.
- A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and an ability to relocate as needed
Compensation and Application Submission
CADC offers a highly competitive salary, based on experience. This position is salaried, full-time, short-term positions.
Application Deadline: ASAP